We are calling for participants, who are young people from the civil society, academic, media and other private and public sectors, interested in issues of labour migration and human rights in East and Southeast Asia. This academy will be held on 15-17 October 2021 online and consist of a series of activities such as workshops, panel discussions and film screening, where participants will directly hear from and discuss with migrant workers, advocates, leaders and practitioners from civil society, politics and businesses in order to develop knowledge on migrant rights and build networks. As outputs of this academy, participants will collectively develop cross-regional statements and recommendations for existing international frameworks including East Asia Summit, Global Compact for Migration as well as ASEAN (+3). Participants will be an integral part of initiating cross-regional human rights advocacy!
For more details of the workshop – click here.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Anyone between the age of 18 and 35 studying or working in the civil society, academic, media and other private and public sectors, interested in issues of labour migration and human rights in East and Southeast Asia, can apply for participation.
- Selected participants must commit to be present at the workshops over all 3 days and actively engage with others.
- Selected participants will receive US$75 support for attending and completing the 3-day-program.
Application and Selection:
- Application should be made through the online form or alternatively via email (email@example.com) using the excel form before 23.59 on 30 September 2021 (GMT+7).
- Participants will be selected by a selection panel based on their motivations and areas of interests, study and work, while ensuring diverse backgrounds and identities to be represented equally as much as possible. Applicants who can commit to participate in all sessions will be given priority during the selection process.
- Selected participants will receive an invitation email by 5 October 2021.