Happy Lunar New Year from the BEBESEA team to everyone celebrating this occasion! This is a monthly update from BEBESEA to our valuable friends, colleagues and resource persons who have participated in and/or supported our activities.
News from BEBESEA:
- Podcast Renewal: Our podcast has been rebranded to Voicesea Podcast to mark the new year of 2022. Listen to the episode “Happy New Voicesea – Intersectionality of Human Rights, Democracy and Migration” to know our reasons for the renewal and visions. We would like to welcome any suggestions from you for our upcoming episodes!
- Commemoration of one year since Myanmar people’s revolution after the attempted coup: Marking this occasion, BEBESEA team interviewed H.E. Mr. Bo Hla-Tint, National Unity Government of Myanmar’s (NUG) Ambassador to the ASEAN. Our conversation is now available as “Myanmar 1st Anniversary of People’s Revolution: Militarily Coup, ASEAN and Call for International Solidarity” on the Voicesea Podcast. We will also publish a series of articles on this interview throughout February, so please keep your eyes on our website and social media platforms for updates.
- Upcoming event: We will be organising an online discussion on placement fees and social protection of migrant workers in East and Southeast Asia to launch findings of our research. This is to be scheduled in mid-March, so please keep your eyes on our website and social media platforms for further updates.
News from the Network:
- Articles on Myanmar and IDPs: “The plight of Myanmar’s people 11 months after military coup” (Jakarta Post) & “Higher risk of COVID-19 infection among internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Myanmar under the military coup” (Global Public Health Journal) by Tual Sawn Khai, School of Graduate Studies, Lingnan University, Hong Kong (BEBESEA Youth Academy Alumnus)
- Life Stories: Stories for Migrants by Migrants: “Akihiro Suzuki: Piecing the Puzzle Together” : Article published by Kakehashi, available in English, Tagalog and Japanese.
If you have any resources or events you would like BEBESEA to share widely, please do get in touch!