Greetings! This is a monthly update from BEBESEA to our valuable friends, colleagues and resource persons who have participated in and supported our activities.
News from BEBESEA:
- Report and Short Video Publication: Watch the newly released short video as well as the report highlighting our public policy discussion “The New Southbound Policy and Its Impact on the Life of Migrant Workers in Taiwan” held on Tuesday 17th May 2022. Both are now available to access through the BEBESEA website.
- Journey Article: Mariko Hayashi contributed her article “Borders, Divisions and Mixed Migration: Complexity and Dynamics of Myanmar Migrants’ Lives in Chiang Rai, Thailand” uncovering stories about the complexity migrants communities have to face living at the border area in Chiang Rai and how these matters are in relation with the crisis happens in the Myanmar after the pandemic and the coup. Many migrants from the Myanmar reportedly are detained for crossing the border for being undocumented.
News from Our Network:
- Film Screening: Congratulations to Carmina Cruz whose short film “Lanie”, which was produced as part of BEBESEA Story Fellowship programme, was screened at Gandhara Independent Film Festival
- HAMburger Podcast: Learn deeper about the current situation of domestic migrant workers rights through the newly released chaptered podcasts by HAMburger Podcast featuring the chairperson of International Migrants Alliance, Mrs. Eni Lestari. These Podcasts are only available in Bahasa Indonesia and can be watched or listen on HAMburger Podcast Youtube Channel
- Guidebook: Hurights Osaka published a guidebook for Business and Human Rights, 『人を大切にー「ビジネスと人権」ガイドブック』4th edition (Japanese only).
If you have any resources or events you would like BEBESEA to share widely, please do get in touch!